Today I found out a disk had failed in a production SAN. Oh no!!!
But like previous experiences, this is different. And my support experience is pretty darn good. So I thought lets write this up. Because you always here about the terrible failures and pain in the arse experiences, never the good.
Note: This post is about the support experience, but it must be noted, there was performance or end user impact during this failure either!
So the first notification came in, telling me the disk was unhealthy and that it was being inspected by the array, the main thing is;
- Informed me of the issue
- Informed me of the actions
Second notification, confirmation the RAID was in a degraded state.
Third notification, confirmation the disk had failed.
The support call
Or rather the lack of support call, I logged onto Nimble Infosight. Continue reading Nimble Storage – The life of a failed disk
On my work based Windows 8.1 VM, I was finding that Citrix Receiver would crash any time I opened an ICA file from a Web Interface/StoreFront website, this meant that any desktop or application would not work.
- I removed Citrix Receiver
- I upgraded Citrix Receiver
- I installed as the actual local admin
- I installed the plugins for other browsers
But every time, the same, the process would stop responding.
Occasionally software vendors release “clean up” tools, to remove their pesky applications completely, to fix underlying issues. And Citrix are the same.
So I ran this, rebooted my machine. Installed the latest Citrix Receiver, connected up to my customers environment, and voila, it worked!
So this is a quick post incase anyone didn’t know this tool existed.
So the other day I blogged about the Veeam v8 upgrade, and as mentioned my Enterprise Manager didn’t work, giving the error;
The Access Control List is not in canonical form and therefore cannot be modified.
So I logged a call with Veeam to get it fixed.
Basically giving logs such as the below.
Continue reading Veeam upgrade to v8 – Enterprise Manager fails with Access Control List error