The time is here, lets look at starting to document that network of yours.
- Part 1 – The foundation of any IT infrastructure
- Part 2 – Rack and Server Diagrams
- Part 3 – Network IP’s & Interfaces
- Part 4 – Diagramming a network
- Part 5 – Diagraming your (Veeam) Backups
Now lets look at the other side of the coin.
Click the above for the templates used in this diagram
So it’s not all creative visio diagrams, one of the best pieces of documentation I find that I produce is actually a switchport diagram.
Using Excel to diagram out a given number of switches, mapping the interfaces to the hosts or devices in which is connected to them.