Here I am going through how to setup LACP port trunking for a Synology NAS device using HP Switching.
1. First off get your MAC Addresses of your Synology NAS interfaces you want to configure, these can be found in the DSM web login under Control Panel > Info Center > Network
Continue reading Setting up LACP on Synology NAS and HP Switches
So I’m in the middle of an upgrade of environment that has;
- 2 x Hosts on ESX 4.0
- SAN using SAS connections to Hosts
- No resources available for failover and testing
- Limited network ports
- 3 x Hosts on ESXi 5.5
- Nimble SAN – iSCSI
So to move all the virtual machines from the SAS SAN to the Nimble, I need to move the VM’s whilst turned on,
I’ve setup the iSCSI networking on the ESX host,
- Creating VMKernal ports with IP addresses,
- Mapping a VMNIC to each VMKernel directly
- Setting MTU size to 9000
Continue reading Back to the Future – Configure ESX 4.0 iSCSI Multipathing
So first off we need to setup Jumbo frames in a few places.
- ESXi host
- Switch the ESXi host and Storage is plugged into
- Storage device
As per VMware ESXi 5.0 and above, you need to also setup iSCSI Port Binding.
Ensuring its setup correctly
Continue reading VMware ESXi – Test Jumbo Packets using VMKping
Server 2012 now supports NIC teaming, previously you could use HP tools to achieve this in Server 2008 R2 and below, but officially it was never supported by Microsoft.
Setting up a NIC team in Server 2012 is really simple. You just need to know where your Server is plugged into first on your switches.
1. Open Server Manager, Click on NIC Teaming
2. Under tasks click new team
3. Enter your name, select your adapters, and configure your advance network settings which we will talk about later.
And click OK and we are done.
Jumbo Frames Continue reading Server 2012 R1/R2 Creating a Network Team and enable Jumbo Frames