I have a Synology 8-bay NAS used for home-lab purposes, but also doubles as local home storage as well.
As part of upgrades, I was decommissioning a volume for a new one with higher capacity drives, however I had Plex installed on the volume to be decommissioned. I moved all the data using the internal file manager, but the package installation remained in place.
Migrate package to another volume
- Stop your application via the Synology package center UI.
- Login to Synology using SSH and elevate to root.
- Use “ls” against /VolumeX/@appstore to find your package folder name
- Use “mv” to move the data between the old and new volume, you may need to create the @appstore folder first.
- Remove the symlink from the current volume and create the new symlink to the new volume.
- Stop and start your package in the Synology Package Centre.
Below is an example the commands I used;
sudo mkdir /volume2/@appstore sudo mv "/volume1/@appstore/Plex Media Server" "/Volume2/@appstore" sudo rm "/var/packages/Plex Media Server/target" sudo ln -s "/volume2/@appstore/Plex Media Server" "/var/packages/Plex Media Server/target"
Now when you try to remove the volume, your package will now show as attached to the volume.