This is just a quick post showing the upgrade process of
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Veeam ONE
I didn’t hit any issues with the upgrades.
- It’s always a good idea to reboot your servers before any update
And plan for further updates once the Veeam upgrades have completed as well.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- I had to install .Net Framework 4.5.2 to continue the upgrade, which required a reboot
- I upgraded from v126.96.36.1997 (so not the latest patch)
- I was asked to confirm the SQL Database upgrade
- The server needed rebooting at the end of the upgrade
Continue reading Veeam v9 Backup and replication / ONE upgrade from v8
I’ve completed and passed the Veeam VMCE v8 exam, having done the v7 exam some time ago.
The official deadline is 15th May, to upgrade from v7 exam to the v8 exam, miss this deadline and you need to take the full course within 90 days and pass the exam to keep your status, anything after this your status will end as a VMCE and you will need to take the full course and exam to re-ignite it. So basically after the 15th May you need to take the full course.
To be completely honest, I wasn’t that impressed by the course and exam for version 7, and had our partner status with Veeam not relied on me doing the exam, I wouldn’t have bothered this time around.
Continue reading Veeam VMCE v8 Exam Experience
I encountered this issue on a brand new Veeam installation the other day. When running a test backup job.
"Error: NFC storage connection is unavailable, Storage: [stg-datastore-(Number),nfchost-host-(Number),conn:(ServerName)"
Continue reading Veeam v8 – Backup Fails – NFC storage connection is unavailable
So lets look at one of the best features brought to us in Veeam 8, Active Directory Restore Wizard.
1. Open up the restore, select application items, and then Microsoft Active Directory
2. Select your VM that you want to pull the data back from, and then your restore point for that VM.
Note: I am actually using a restore point created in Version 7!!!!
Continue reading Veeam v8 – Active Directory Restore Wizard in action
So I covered Veeam Backup and Replication v8 here. And now for the Veeam ONE Edition of the v8 update post.
The Update Process
Pretty simple, mount the ISO, follow the instructions for Veeam One install, which will detect and upgrade the existing environment.
New Look, New Features
So you will see that straight away a new set of swish icons, sporting the new blue look.
Continue reading Veeam ONE v8 – New Look, New Features