- Part 1 – The foundation of any IT infrastructure
- Part 2 – Rack and Server Diagrams
- Part 3 – Network IP’s & Interfaces
- Part 4 – Diagraming a network
- Part 5 – Diagraming your (Veeam) Backups
So in my last post, I looked at how to record the logical information about your IP addresses and switchport locations, making it easier for troubleshooting in the future.
Now lets tackle the big one, how to produce good documentation when diagraming your network.
For this, I am going to use a real world example of a network I audited, and then made a visio diagram. Personally, I don’t believe this is one of the best visio diagram’s I have produced, however it includes a lot of various parts which I think are useful.
So below, you find the original hand drawn diagram as I was tracing cables and devices, and then the final product.
Note: Unfortunately I do not have the Visio file available for distribution used in this post.